Welcome to Newton Community Farm!
JOIN US AT THE DINNER ON THE FARM!
Join us for this lively and popular event!
Date: Tuesday evening, July 16th, 2013
Time: 6:30-9 pm, Drinks at 6:30, Dinner served around 7:30
Where: Newton Community Farm, 303 Nahanton Street
Cost: $45 Friend of Farm, $55 General Public
Tickets: Click Dinner on the Farm to purchase tickets on-line at Eventbrite before July 10.
Spend a casual, summer evening socializing and dining on the lovely grounds of the Farm. Enjoy the live music and delightful conversations with other members of the farm community.
The dinner will be prepared by a local professional chef who will incorporate fresh vegetables from the farm into the menu. The menu will include a main entree (meat and/or fish), vegetable side dishes, salad, bread, and dessert. We will also serve an assortment of wine.
The ticket price covers the cost of food and provides some contribution to cover NCF’s education program. Wine will be sold for $5 per glass.
The event is held outside so unfortunately, we cancel it in the event of rain (if this happens, people will be given a choice of donation or refund). Please check our website the morning of the event to confirm the status.
We are also recruiting volunteers to help with this event! Interested? Click HERE for more information and to sign up.
We hope to see you at this event!
FARM’S ON-SITE FARM STAND NOW OPEN!
Please drop by our Winchester Street farm stand and pick up some early spring produce grown at Newton Community Farm. Eat local, eat fresh.
Looking for summer programs for your children, preschool to grade 9? If so, click NCF 2013 Summer Programs for Youth for our summer program descriptions and schedules. Back by popular demand, NCF will again offer Farm Sprouts, Little Diggers, Farmer in Training, and Socially Aware Young Farmers.
Preregistration is required for all classes. Registration closes one week before class start date.
We look forward to seeing you at our exciting programs over the coming months!
Thank you to all our donors and supporters for contributing your money, time, and talents to Newton Community Farm! Your generosity allows NCF’s programs to grow and thrive. In addition to the many people who contribute to NCF, we appreciate the support of numerous businesses and organizations. Click here for the current list.
* NCF’s June 2013 newsletter!
* CNNMoney’s video about Newton Community Farm!
* NCF’S Shared Harvest wiki site for recipes, growing tips, articles, and other topics about food and farms. Click Shared Harvest for more information!
* Greg Maslowe’s article about climate change and food in the Newton Conservators’ spring 2013 newsletter. Click article to read it!
LEARN MORE ABOUT NCF!
Click 2013 NCF Business Plan for farm accomplishments and plans!
Click Story to learn more about NCF’s history from local historian Lucy Caldwell-Stair!
Click here for the City of Newton’s 2012 analysis of the historical significance of NCF’s buildings (draft version, pending final review and approval).
We are a non-profit community farm located on the historic Angino farmstead in Newton, MA. We strive to benefit the community by
- Providing locally-grown produce through our CSA, our farm stand, and Newton Farmers’ Markets
- Educating the public about the sustainable use of land and other natural resources through hands-on classes, workshops, and drop-in farm hours
- Preserving Newton’s last working farm as a historic site and valuable open space
- Connecting gardening enthusiasts through events and networking opportunities
A portion of the food grown on-site is donated to people in need through the Newton Food Pantry, Centre Street Food Pantry, and Second Step.