We are a non-profit community farm located on the historic Angino farmstead in Newton, MA. We strive to benefit the community by:
- Providing locally-grown produce through our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, our farm stand, Newton Farmers’ Markets, and donations to local food pantries
- Educating the public about sustainable practices for agriculture, land use, and stewardship of other natural resources through hands-on classes, workshops, internships, and drop-in farm hours
- Preserving Newton’s last working farm as a historic site and valuable open space
- Connecting gardening enthusiasts through events and networking opportunities
- Donating a portion of the food we grow to people in need through local organizations such as the Newton Food Pantry, Second Step, and Boston Area Gleaners.
- Click here to subscribe to newsletter!
- Article about NCF’s elementary school program, Countryside Elementary School embraces home grown kale.
- Newton TAB’s article, Farm teaches kids about food and farming
- Articles about climate change and food and agriculture and water crisis written by NCF Farm Manager, Greg Maslowe.
- Read about NCF in the press!
- NCF’S Shared Harvest wiki site for recipes, growing tips, articles, and other topics about food and farms. Click Shared Harvest for more information!
- Click NCF Business Plan 2016 to learn about the farm’s accomplishments and plans!
- Click Story to learn more about NCF’s history from local historian Lucy Caldwell-Stair!
- Click here for the City of Newton’s 2012 analysis of the historical significance of NCF’s buildings (draft version, pending final review and approval).
- Click Newton Community Farm Photo Release Form for information about NCF’s photo release policy.
VOLUNTEER WITH NEWTON COMMUNITY FARM!
Interested in serving on the board, being part of a committee, or helping out with an event? Click here for more information about opportunities.
Thank you to all our donors and supporters for contributing your money, time, and talents to Newton Community Farm! Your generosity allows NCF’s programs to grow and thrive. In addition to the many people who contribute to NCF, we appreciate the support of numerous businesses and organizations. Click here for the current list.