We are committed to growing practices that promote the health of our soil, our produce, and our customers.
We use sustainable growing methods that emphasize long-term soil health, such as minimizing tillage damage and using green manures and compost. While not certified organic, we use no herbicides or synthetic fertilizers, and any pesticides are approved for organic use.
Buy Newton Community Farm’s Produce (available through 5 channels, including):
our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) produce share programs:
- periodically, local restaurants and grocery stores.
Sample Herb and Vegetable Crop List (often more than one variety of each):
- Herbs: basil, cilantro, dill, garlic, mustard, parsley
- Leafy greens: arugula, Asian greens, cabbages, chard, collards, kales, lettuces, mizuna, spinach
- Root crops: beets, carrots, leeks, onions, potatoes, radishes, scallions, turnips
- Other crops: green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, peas, peppers, squashes, tomatoes
- Check out the recipes on our community pages.